Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] where is the repository?

Hi Steffi,

An ebXML reg/rep, can reside anywhere and anybody who wants to can run one and can choose
to make it accessible to whomever they want.

So, for example, I could run an ebXML reg/rep internally to my company or oganization and
have it be used only by people/systems within the organization. Alternatively, I could run
one with restricted access that I make available only to selected outside entities like
suppliers. Or I could run it wide open over the internet and make it available to anyone
and everyone.

One of the nice things about the ebXML reg/rep is that it gives you choice to use it and
run it as best suits your needs.

As an example, there is an open source implementation of the ebXML reg/rep that is being
done at
http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/

and the University of Hong Kong is operating a publicly accessible test version of the
registry for developers at
http://registry.csis.hku.hk:8201/ebxmlrr/registry

for more information about the test registry see

http://www.cecid.hku.hk/Release/PR09APR2002.html

hth

cheers

pk