Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebXML

Hi Prachi,

The largest body of work that fits the ebXML framework for Business Transactions is OAGIS XML.  OAGIS XML ( www.openapplications.org ) has been recommmended as one of the ebXML payloads of choice.  There is a free design document on our web site that describes how to use OAGIS with ebXML as well.  See the email below:

Best regards,

David Connelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaus-Dieter Naujok [mailto:knaujok@attglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 7:43 PM
To: eBTWG List
Subject: UN/CEFACT Plenary Report

In addition to the note from the CSG chair:

As to our (eBTWG) payload recommendation using the ebXML Infrastructure, it
was approved to read:

³Temporary document syntax for payloads using the ebXML Infrastructure.²

While the new UN/CEFACT ebXML Core Components specification proposal goes
through standardization, there is an immediate need to provide guidance to
Industry on payloads that support adoption of  the ebXML proposed standards.

For:

1. EDI syntax based message payloads, UN/CEFACT recommends the use of
UN/EDIFACT.

2. XML syntax based message payloads, the UN/CEFACT recommends the use of
the following Industry recognized payloads:

Open Applications Group, Inc. (OAGI) Business Object Documents (BOD¹s)
EAN.UCC XML Schemas
Open Travel Alliance (OTA) Message Specifications
SWIFT (ISO 15022 XML).

With respect to the XML based payloads, each of the submitting organizations
above have committed to submit the business content of their XML payloads as
³Candidate Core Components² to the UN/CEFACT ebXML Core Components as a
further intermediate step towards standards convergence. This submission
will happen after the point that a new UN/CEFACT ebXML Core Components
Specification has become an official UN/CEFACT standard.