Subject: AW: [ebxml-dev] New WSCI spec competes with BPSS.... NOT (very long)

Hello,

I am stunned. There really is a spec which competes with BPSS? How dare
they?

Reading this thread, I get the impression, that actually Ford never
build a new car as long as Volkswagen has not sold ALL of the cars of
their last new series.

I just finished reading the thread with Jean-Jacques comments (well,
most of them;-) and had a look at the WSCI spec myself. I am not even
close that deep into the BP(M) than Jean-Jacques is. But I just thought:
yepp, this (WSCI) is another SUV vehicle which has four tires (maybe 3
and a half) but is confusing pedals for brakes and acceleration which
will make driving a bit complicated. (By the way: Thanks a lot
Jean-Jaques for doing the analysis.)

We, the software "producer" (and I include Sun, MS and IBM) are in
competition (as Ford competes with Volkswagen) with each other, and we
are not playing the game because of the game, but because of the money.
Great, if we can overcome this and generate together something clever
like ebXML. But this does not necessarily mean that we do this and only
this. If we cannot put ebXML to market until others (or you or me;-)
generate something "newer" (and "better" is unfortunately secondary),
ebXMl has, for whatever reason, to notice Darwins rule.
(And the very same does apply for WSCI.;-)

If WSCI or any other "standard" or "trial" is overuling BPSS I would cry
bitter tears (like most of the readers of this list I guess) especially
if it would be overruled by something which is less good (remember CORBA
and COM), because I could put all my clever thoughts and already done
implementation to trash, but this is the world we live in. Being the
best thing to solve the issue, consists of so much more influences then
only the plain (cool) technology (from the deepest bottom of my heart:
unfortunately consist of so much more than technology).

Best Regards
Christopher
(SEEBURGER AG, Senior Developer/Research)