Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebxml message Validation Error

I think the ebXML CPPA group ran into a similar issue,
discussed in:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-cppa/200202/msg00137.html

I recall that we discussed wrappering the xmldsig EII
under an element within our
target namespace to avoid the conflict.
Since then we have removed a lot of
#other wildcards, and that may have
changed the situation.

(Looks like there might be a shift-reduce kind of
conflict: do we reduce the xmldsig Reference as part of a sequence of
References or shift to count it in #other? )

The schema might need a tweak to handle the adjacency
of a foreign namespace element (from xmldsig) and an #other
wildcard; Arvola Chan pointed out in our discussion:

"Section 3.10.1 in http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1 also states:

"Wildcards are subject to the ambiguity constraints
(Unique Particle Attribution (§3.8.6)) as other content
model particles: If an instance element could match
either an explicit particle and a wildcard, or one
of two wildcards, within the content model of a type,
that model is in error.

Read Arvola Chan's message, cited above,
for a more thorough explanation.