Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Authentication/Authorization with MSH?

It isn't obvious that it is necessary to require authorization to the MSH itself. The MSG is not a message endpoint; it is the send/receive agent for the applications behind it. Someone who is authorized to communicate with one or more of the applications behind the MSH should be assumed to be authorized to send messages through the MSH to the applications. Someone who is not authorized to any of those applications is effectively not authorized to the MSH and those messages should be rejected.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287; IBM tie line 863-7287
Notes address: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM
Internet address: mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
Ronald van Kuijk <rvkuijk@abz.nl>

          Ronald van Kuijk <rvkuijk@abz.nl>

          07/19/2002 01:12 PM