Subject: RE: Fwd: [ebxml-dev] Gartner and ebXML

Title: RE: Fwd: [ebxml-dev] Gartner and ebXML
Is it totally foolish to try to implement its own ebMS implementation (using JAXM ans JDOM for instance)?
this article gives a nice kickstart for those who want to try: http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2001/jw-0914-xmlmessage3.html

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Yader, Mark (GXS) [mailto:Mark.Yader@gxs.ge.com]
Envoyé : mardi 10 septembre 2002 14:44
À : Vijay Sing
Cc : ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Objet : RE: Fwd: [ebxml-dev] Gartner and ebXML

Vijay

Despite your bad experience with ebXML, I hope you would consider joining the ebXML User Council (if you still have an open mind about it). We are interested in any and all feedback about ebXML user experiences. It can only help us improve the standards and the products.

There are over 10 major B2B/EAI vendors (and several potential users) currently performing interoperability testing of their ebXML MS v2.0 capabilities: http://www.drummondgroup.com/html-v2/test-calendar.html.

Based on the results from similar conformance/interoperability testing of AS2 products, I fully expect that the quality of theses products will improve SIGNIFICANTLY after that testing is completed in the next 1-2 months !!

Concerning Gartner, I respect the people they employ, but their predictions are generally 2 -5 years out and I really wonder how often their predictions are "tested" for accuracy. I don't think Gartner's predictions about (revenue generated from) Business Process Integration and Web Services were necessarily on-target. The B2B market, in my opinion, is in a "hold" pattern waiting for the economy to improve.

Feel free to contact me.

Mark Yader
Interim Chairperson
ebXML User Council