Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Gartner and ebXML - distribution of the article

Rachel,

Thanks for your comments regarding my white paper.  You and anyone involved
with ebXML marketing are most welcome to distribute the paper wherever you
see fit.

Regards,

Steve Capell
RedWahoo
Sydney, Australia
Tel : +61 410 437854

-----Original Message-----
From: Rachel Foerster [mailto:rachelf@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 11 September 2002 3:18 AM
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Gartner and ebXML

Steve,

Having been involved in the ebXML intiative since its first meeting in
November, 1999, and having also been a co-lead on the ebXML Marketing team
for awhile, I want to contragulate your company for writing one of the most
succinct, clear and understandable documents about ebXML and how it plays
with EDI and Web Services that I've seen.

This article deserves to have the broadest circulation around the world
possible. I would like your permission to make it downloadable from my web
site.

On the other hand, I've been watching the ongoing work of the various
technical committees and work groups, especially those continuing the ebXML
work under UN/CEFACT and have grave concerns about the extreme complexity
now being built into the various specifications. It appears to me that the
needs and focus on the SME have been totally eclipsed by the big guys. I can
remember my remarks at the ebXML Brussels meeting in May, 2000, that if
ebXML does not meet the needs of the SME, it will fail. I hope that this is
not what I'm observing at the present time. Thus, Gartner's comments below
about the "good enough" certainly ring true.

Thanks,
Rachel Foerster
Principal
Rachel Foerster & Associates, Ltd.