Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebXML DTDs - UBL Update

Jouko wrote

> You say:
> "UBL is developing a library of BIE's in full conformance
> with the CC specification."
> Does this mean that there are no differences anymore between
> UN/CEFACT CoreComponent/BIE naming rules and UBL naming rules?

UBL is using the UN/CEFACT CoreComponent/BIE naming rules for its BIE's.  UBL has XML syntax specific naming rules for its XML expressions.  UN/CEFACT does not currently have such rules.

> If this is so, what actually happened with the CC Feedback
> that UBL naming rules document was proposing (wd-ublndrsc-ndrdoc-12)

The UBL submission to CC was reviewed and to the extend accepted by the CCTS, incorporated in version 1.85 which is out for public review.

> To continue the discussion, I would like to know what type of
> practical consequences (if any?) will follow if we ignore the
> conceptual differences between UN/CEFACT Representation Terms
> and UBL Core Component Types?

Please be more specific, as I don't see any.

>I guess there are several
> on-going registry implementation projects where piloting
> teams are populating registries with BIEs they construct
> using a bottom-up method, but, in the same time, they try to
> follow the core component type catalogue and the CEFACT
> naming conventions. Do these people have to worry about the
> situation or not?

What folks need to be concerned about is conformance to the CC specification for populating CC's/BIE's.  For their XML expressions of the BIE's, there is currently no formal CEFACT specification, however there will be as a result of the workplan of ATG2.  Hopefully this will be done with UBL, EAN/UCC and others who are volunteering to participate in, and make contributions to, ATG2.

Mark