Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Business Process Catalog

Hi Patrick,

I would like to hint you to the IS chair of TU Freiberg/Germany (http://www.wiwi.tu-freiberg.de/) and their X-Act-Project (http://www.x-act.org/ - don't omit the minus in the URL!).
X-Act is a plattform for Web-Service-Conversion of XML-Business-Documents. Contact Erik Wüstner (erik.wuestner@bwl.tu-freiberg.de) to have detailed information on this project.
Greets,

Jan Mendling
IS II, University of Trier, Germany

Viren? Wir wissen nicht was Ihr Arzt empfiehlt. Wir empfehlen den
Virencheck für Dateianhänge! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021159
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht wurde als Attachment angehängt.-----
Von:Patrick Yee <kcyee@cecid.hku.hk>
Gesendet:14.11.02 03:04:49
An:"Jan Mendling" <mendling@web.de>
Betreff:Re: [ebxml-dev] Business Process Catalog
Warnung:
Der HTML-Inhalt der E-Mail enthielt aktive Elemente wie Java, Javascript oder Formulare.
Diese Teile wurden aus Sicherheitsgründen deaktiviert. Möglicherweise ist die Darstellung der E-Mail dadurch beeinträchtigt.
Dear ebXML experts,

As far as I understand, ebXML BPSS is just a schema for specifying business processes. There is no concrete specification of real-world BPs, compared with what RosettaNet PIPs do. If I am correct, I would like to ask:

1. Is the project Common Business Process Catalog of UN/CEFACT doing studies on this topic?
2. Where can I have more information about the project?
3. Are there any other initiatives?
4. If memory serves, I remember that someone is transforming RosettaNet PIPs to BPSS format, is that true? Will that be a competing standard to what Common Business Process Catalog does?

Thank you all in advance.

Regards, -Patrick
--
Patrick Yee