Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Core Components

Andrzej, Tony, Duane,

Yes, OAGIS BODs are at a higher level than the ebXML Core Components. They
are the business transaction documents that are used to do business...With
the move to adopt XML Schema the components that are used to create these
business documents have been identified in OAGIS. Of course these components
need to have context within a business transaction. Sending merely an
Address or a Party must be within context is this the "CustomerParty" for a
PurchaseOrder or an Invoice or is it the "SupplierParty" for the Quote.

> Farrukh said:
> The way I've understood it is that OAG BOD's are one level up in the
"ebXML
> evolutionary scale", since they are complete payload definitions (business
> document definitions like Purchase Orders, ASN's, etc.).

OAGI has contributed OAGIS to the CoreComponents WorkGroup for consideration
for the CoreComponents. OAGI also has a project underway to identify the
components within OAGIS that will be proposed back to the CoreComponents
group. If you are interested in participating in this group, it is open to
everyone (members and non-members). You can join at:

And yes others are doing this too...but none have the track record of XML
implementations that OAGI has nor does anyone have the breadth of XML
business messages defined today that OAGI has.

CoreComponents to date has identified the base datatyes...10 of them...The
rest are still being ironed out.

It will be interesting to see how the CoreComponents group agree on these
larger grained components. Will it be...the first there...the one that
screams the loudest...the one with the most implementations...or will there
be a back room deal (althought these never happen :-).

OAGIS is freely available from our web site at www.openapplications.org. The
specification has been defined with a horizontal focus...realizing that no
one standard can meet the unique needs of every vertical industry. OAGI
provides a way for vertical industries to plug-in overlays of OAGIS that
provide the additonal detail needed for the given industry. In doing this we
work with Industry groups not against them to meet their needs.

Michael Rowell
Chief Architect
Open Applications Group