Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Microsoft Refuses to support ebXML

Fraser Goffin wrote:
> IBM have been singularly
> 'luke-warm' about support for ebXML as well.
>
> Have you had any dealing with IBM that would suggest otherwise ?

I would point out that:

1. IBM has donated several people to work on ebXML.  Marty Sachs has
been involved with CPP/A since day one.

2. John Ibbotson (IBM) has presented on ebXML and his PPT is available
at the oasis site:
http://www.ebxml.org/presentations.htm

3. Alexei Chirokikh, IBM works within the ebXML marketing group:
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-mktg-sc/200209/msg00011.html

4. IBM have donated their TPA IP (royalty free) to ebXML.

I am sure this list would go on a lot longer if someone searched for
"ebxml + IBM" on google.

Maybe they haven't lived up to the expectations of some ebXML
participants but remember that it is difficult for any large company to
get a unified policy towards any new standard.

Duane Nickull
--
VP Strategic Relations,
Technologies Evangelist