Some question about Intermediary

Dear all,

I have some questions about the intermediary in the multi-hop case.

MSH < ---> SOAP node <-----> MSH

The SOAP node will just act as a firewall which doing authentication, filtering, routing and metering.

1. Can I call the SOAP node as an intermediary?

2. Also, can we call the soap node as MSH?  If not, what function and feature that need to implement so that we can call it as MSH?

3. Are there any implement or projects that provide similar feature?

Thanks,

Marcus Wong