Re: Did ebXML Help Accelerate the Web Services Evolution?

My guess is that overall, it's a no-op.  If the vendors who pulled out
(half way through the initial phase of ebXML) to drive web services had
put
a comparable effort into ebXML, it might have taken off very fast.  True,
the pull-out inspired some vendors  to put a greater effort into ebXML.
On
the other hand, other vendors appear to be sitting on the fence waiting to

see which way the wind blows and still others are working on web-services
efforts that seem to be in competition with the W3C efforts. The split
between ebXML and UN/CEFACT didn't help either.

Regards,
Marty