Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] [Fwd: On Page 18 of the ebXML Business ProcessSpecification Schema it gives an example of a notification transaction]

thanks for the message.

yes i have commercial aspirations for ebXML, my country has only 4 million
people, and noone, and i mean noone is doing ebXML.  so i thought i would do
it.

i like the idea that has not been done before in new zealand, i like the
fact that it is bleeding edge technology and i am in it.  i also have a bit
of a teacher in me, so i dont mind sharing concepts, but hug the code close
to me.  sorry about that if it upsets you.

i am building the lot, yep, and i believe i can do it.  have not had any
problems for 3 months, specs make sense.

since you gave me some goodies to chew on, here are some of mine:

how i see CPP to CPA:

i have lined up all the elements and attributes on paper, copied it, drawn
lines between specific memebrs, and asked myself "what do i do when there is
a conflict of entries".  that part was easy, but the negotiation stage you
were talking about is difficult.

how i see the registry:

i have bought two database products, one native XML database (Quilogic
IMDB-in memory database) and db4o (database 4 objects).  i store the core
registry as depicted in the RIM V2 spec, i do the same for the BPSS.  the
business process editor factors into the registry, and XML.  ALL XML
documents i receive, get stored in the XML Native database (both databases
have a small footprint).

keynote, the registry is really only a search engine for stored stuff and a
repository in which we store stuff, any real processing is done at the
Client, thats where i build in BPE (business process editor).  IMPORTANT:
the registry databases are fine for ebXML Clients, and a Registry with say
100 concurrent requests at a time (thats an educated guess).  i would use
Matisse object database and Tamino XML database for the registry in a
fullblown commercial Registry.  my project, all products are commercial, but
the registry is merely a prototype:  with a view to moving to the
commercial, scalable systems mentioned.  in fact i am negotiating with a
amjor company building a commercial ebXML suite as we speak.

how i see the message service handler (MSH):

pretty well got this sorted out, the easiest of the suite to build.

and the ebXML client:

well this is where all the work gets done, including bridging into an ERP
system, or MYOB.  depaends on your scale.

well, i think its important to keep things simple.  i am still in the
logical design phase, will be so for 3 months.  this is not a "open-source"
vs commercial issue, but it is about delivering cost saving, value-adding
improvements and the facilitation of business.  thats why i am going for
"shrink wrap off-the-shelf" product.  to put solutions in the hands of
SME's, who could not particpate in EDI, not some moralistic crusade.

nice talking.

dean hemopo
auckland, new zeland