RE: Alphabet soup, was RE: hey whilst we are all asking for things

Joe,

Since the conceptual model is being developed by industry volunteers and
NIST is simply a facilitator, I don't believe it falls into the same
category as public information developed by a government organization
such as NIST - but I also might be wrong.

The eBSC conceptual model team had a telecon yesterday (Mark Palmer of
NIST also attended) to discuss the status of the model. We all agreed
that the model needed better definitions for the various categories
(rows) of standards. We felt that the current definitions are too
ambiguous and therefore might cause various industries to improperly
indicate within their assigned column which standards they are using,
adopting or evaluating for possible adoption.

The intent is that once the conceptual model is complete, various
industries would be able to fill-in the cells online associated with
their assigned column. By simply having this information publicly
available would provide a tremendous leverage point for the convergence
of ebusiness standards.

Ron Schuldt
Senior Staff Systems Architect
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
11757 W. Ken Caryl Ave.
#F521 Mail Point DC5694
Littleton, CO 80127
303-977-1414