Re: SV: [Fwd: Re: [xml-dev] Edi complexity, does ebxml really reduce it?]

>Foerster: The second major hurdle is the HIPAA Security Regulation which
requires that
>HIPAA covered entities must **address** the use of encryption when using
>insecure networks to transmit electronic protected health information
>(ePHI). Given that more than 80% of health care organizations in the U.S.
>can be classified as small businesses, they are totally reliant on their
>application systems and other vendors to provide the enabling
technologies
>at an affordable cost. Without a **standard** interoperable encryption
>solution that can be used by the hundreds of thousands of small
healthcare
>providers as easily as they use a fax today with diverse and disparate
>systems, exploiting the Internet and ebXML will remain a dream and a
vision
>(although one that I've been dreaming of for years!!!)

mm1: Then answer why a major health related exchange has implemented the
use of ebMS and encryption, the Center of Disease Control and why HL7 is
recommending use of ebMS? Reference for both at: www.ebxmlforum.org/
(latter)
andhttp://www.ebxml.org/case_studies/documents/casestudy_cdc_phinms.pdf
(former). Making generalized statements can only cause confusion. Thanks.