And you know, we're out of the 9600 baud days. Heck, I waste 128kbps on a internet radio stream half of the time, what's a few k for progress?

I think its the good ole folks not wanting to learn anything new, more than anything else. Sorry if that is offensive to you, but I am really beyond these arguments.
-matt
On Jul 13, 2004, at 2:28 PM, Hockemeyer, Gene wrote:

Then too ... there are many good ole boys and girls out there .. that
are not ready to trade a formatted 100k message ... for a voluminous
sometimes very incoherent message.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 2:00 PM
To: Matthew MacKenzie
Cc: dodds@e-dodds.com; ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: Re: Standards, then mergers

Matthew MacKenzie wrote:

Ed,

When I started out with ebXML, I was hoping for a revolution. That was
overly idealistic, for the reasons you state.

Iraq?
(sorry couldn't resist;)

Evolution, however, is inevitable.

-Matt

On Jul 13, 2004, at 1:31 PM, Ed Dodds wrote:

Matthew:

First come standards -- then come mergers. I think there are a
lot of good ol'
boys and gals who don't want to have to compete for their jobs
during the great
shake out. Just look at the aversion the US's NPO sector (1.8
million orgs
strong) has to developing/adopting any kind of meaningful
colloboration
enabling standards...

Ed Dodds