Subject: Re: Where have all the developers gone?

Zachary,

There are probably just definitely less software developers in the business
world today. Ones that were drawn into it by the lure of big money from the dot
com influx dissappeared after the dot com money dried up.

One thing I noticed then was that anybody could be a VB contractor with just an
IT degree and 6 months experience. Now most of those people seem to have gone
back to whence they came. There are definitely less developers about these
days.

As for relevence, I've never been asked by a customer for anything about ebxml.
They deal with some big companies, many based in Germany, Japan and the US etc.

Sadly, imho, ebxml by itself doesn't offer anything that a business can really
sink it's teeth into, especially at a medium or small sized business level. It
advertises itself as being a carrot, it looks like a carrot, but it's actually
a picture card of a carrot rather than something that you can really sink your
teeth into and get a full stomach from.

I'd be interested in hearing about activity on ebxml from Korea, where I hear
only good things. If there is somebody that can describe how ebxml is going in
Korea then I'd certainly be interested in hearing.

David