[ebxml-dev] freebXML Registry info (Was Re: ebxml and uddi)

Bryan Rasmussen wrote:

>>There is an open-source ebXML Registry SourceForge project called
>>"ebxmlrr" that you can find at [3]. Farrukh Najmi of Sun Microsystems is
>>the leader for this project, and he is on this listserv.
>>

>Yeah, I've seen that. I sort of dread downloading and installing it,
cause I
>can just see if I ever get it to work that then I would be in charge of
it!
>:)

Hi Brian,

I would like to understand better what you meant by "dread downloading"
statement above
so my team and I can improve the freebXML Registry project.

If you are saying you dread downloading it because it is open source then
the same could be said for all the great open source software from Apache
JBoss and Source Forge.

Organizations including governments, fortune 500 companies, vertical
standards
and SMEs are successfully using open source software including the
freebXML
Registry software mentioned by Joe. Our current user base is topping 200
mark
and list of users include the one noted here:

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/aboutFAQ/About_freebXML_Registry.html#Deplo
yments

I am proud to say that the user community seems very pleased with the
software based upon their regular
feedback and active participation in the ebxmlrr-tech mailing list:

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/mail-lists.html

I am also aware of at least 1 company that offer support contract for
the software for a fee.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications that shed light on why you
hesitate to use
the freebXML Registry project.

For those interested in freebXML Registry and ebXML Registry standards
here are some
relevant links. A good place to start is [6]. Also for a comparison of
UDDI and ebXML
Registry features see [8].

[0] [Ann] freebXML Registry version 3.0-alpha2 release

[1] freebXML Registry

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net

[2] Document Tree for release 3.0

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/3.0

[3] ebXML Registry 2.1 Specifications (Approved OASIS and ISO Standard)

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.1/specs

[4] Preliminary ebXML Registry V3 Specifications (Version 2.5 Approved
   by ebXML Registry TC)

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.5/specs

[5] ebXML Registry Technical Committee

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/

[6] Web Content Management using ebXML Registry (XML Europe 2003):

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/presentations/xmlEurope2004/xmlEurope2004-w
ebcm-ebxmlrr.ppt

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/presentations/xmlEurope2004/xmlEurope2004-w
ebcm-ebxmlrr.sxi

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/presentations/xmlEurope2004/04-02-02.pdf

[7] Java API for XML Registries

http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=93

[8] UDDI and ebXML Registry feature comparison matrix
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov/download.php/4125/Regist
ry_Capability_Matrix.html

Farrukh