Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebXML core components derivation by restriction

Rachel - Thank you for confirming the US position on ANSI-X12
for financial transactions

Perhaps you have to be Jewish to understand what is going on hence
the ad in the New York Times in 1994
"Zionism and Torah Judaism are mutually exclusive"
http://www.halisa.net/J/J/nyt940201.jpg

I will endeavour to provide some background:

A	My Background
B	Background to Driving Force behind EDI
C	1988 Australian EDI Standards Committee
D	1993 New World Order Luncheon]
E	Intellectual Property
F	E-commerce Applications
G	Next Steps

A	MY BACKGROUND

My background in Electronic Commerce started when I was Director
of Office Automation with Burroughs Australia in 1982 after 9 years
with Burroughs UK
http://www.halisa.net/G/C

In 1984 I was head of a Family research Company into Electronic
Information Interchange [EII].  This research was to develop
a methodology to automatically file and index electronic information.

The methodology was based on a coding system that my father
had devised in 1963 when he was on the International
Airlines Committee ATA 100
http://www.halisa.net/C1/CA290687.jpg

I and several colleagues have been researching what has been the
driving force behind EDI since I represented the Australian Small
Business Association [ASBA] on the Australian EDI Standards
Committee in  1988 and attended a 1 week TEDIS conference in
Brussels in 1989

B	BACKGROUND TO DRIVING FORCE BEHIND EDI

We have endeavoured to provide the background evidence to Driving
Force to the enormous changes taking place
http://www.halisa.net/J/J

and researched how the issues may have developed since the Jews of
Amsterdam funded the return of the English Monarchy in 1660 and
formed the Bank of England in 1694 (not 1706 as on the Web-site)
http://www.halisa.net/J/J/H

John PATERSON of Scotland is credited with having founded the
Bank of England to fund Trade Expeditions.

PATERSON was the leader of the disastrous Scots Expedition to the Darien
Isthmus in 1698.  This led to the Treaty of Crowns between England and
Scotland.
http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/Scotland-History/DarienScheme.htm

C	1988 AUSTRALIAN EDI STANDARDS COMMITTEE

This is what happened on the EDI Standards Committee in 1988 when
the Australian Bankers Association [ABA] manipulated Standards
Australia to adopt ANSI-X12 as an Interim Standard
http://www.halisa.net/A/FTA/611ACEr1.htm

In 1991-1993 I was involved with EDI projects in Europe including
projects with British Standards Institute, European Aerospace
Association and UK Institution of Electrical Engineers

D	1993 NEW WORLD ORDER LUNCHEON

I returned to Australia in 1993 and by chance attended a private
luncheon at Andersen Consulting about "New World Order" where
the main speaker was Ted GAEBLER from the US
http://www.halisa.net/J/J/aanewdov.jpg

There were 20 people at the luncheon all top executives of the
NSW Government Bureaucracy.

Andersen Consulting had sponsored Ted GAEBLER to visit
all the major Australian Capitals

E	INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

The Lawyer who I consulted with over Intellectual Property in
1986/1987 is now the head of the Australian Group of the World
Intellectual Property Organisation [WIPO].

He now also happens to be a Barrister in 4 States in Australia, the
Senior Vice-President of the Australian Computer Society [ACS]
and an adviser to the Australian Government on E-commerce issue
http://www.halisa.net/A/FTA/61BAEGN1.htm

F	E-COMMERCE APPLICATION

In 1999 OIC members won first prize in the "IT for SME" category of
the prestigious Global Bangemann Challenge for an E-commerce
Application that was a Y2K Due Diligence process for SMEs
http://www.oic.org/3b2.htm

Since our return from winning the 1st prize in Stockholm my colleagues
and I have been harassed and prevented from earning a living where
the Law has been used as an Instrument of Oppression
http://www.halisa.net/J/E/

Other applications that have been submitted to the Federal treasury
Public Consultation on a "Best Practice Model for E-commerce"
http://www.oic.org/cpt/AT/ADT/

G	NEXT STEPS

This background and research has been provided so that the ebXML
Community can appreciate the significance of what is happening with
E-commerce.

The International Bankers know that you can only make money if you
provide a service eg currency exchange, translation service,
refomatting messages.

If you have conflicting standards like ANSI-X12 and EDIFACT there will
be perpetual fees.

Hence by legislating for ANSI-X12 for Financial Transactions in the US
and "negotiating" bi-lateral Free Trade Agreement where everybody else
has adopted ISO Standards you have created a "Service" for US VANS

I personally do not think that is acceptable as an undisclosed part of
in a "Free Trade Agreement"

We have endeavoured to draw this to the attention of Australian
Politicians
http://www.halisa.net/A/FTA/

However as the Politicians may not be able to appreciate the issues
it may be the responsibility of the ebXML Community to resolve the
problem

I would appreciate your feed-back

Stephen GOULD
Chair - Management Committee