Re: [ebxml-dev] ebxml virtual appliance

Hi Bryan

There is a Linux distribution called "Small Business Server" [1]

Copy & paste of its features:

o Internet Gateway
o Firewall
o VPN
o E-mail
o Bandwidth and P2P Manager
o Multiwan
o Intrusion Prevention
o Web and FTP Servers
o Antispam/Antivirus
o Content Filtering
o File and Print Services
o Data backup
o Groupware

maybe add the following:

o Asterisk [2], the free public telephone system
o Free Software ebXML messaging gateway
o Free Software Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (maybe at
least the server part of it)
o UBL import and export library for ERP system (do not know of an
available library yet)
o ... integration of the pre-setup ebXML messaging gateway with the
pre-setup ERP system.

>From the Linux crowed I know that there are Linksys and D-Link router
appliances which can be reprogrammed with a different Linux distribution
[3] (maybe with something like the SME Linux distribution). Such a SME
appliance will have the total cost of ~ 60$ (hardware and software
included).

The makers of the Open Source Hermes ebXML messaging system have been
thinking about an appliance see here [4].

Not sure what you mean with a "virtual" appliance vs an "physical"
appliance ...

Regards

Sacha

[1] http://www.clarkconnect.com/