Re: [ebxml-dev] Freely available patents from IBM - but what about ebXML CPPA?

On Jul 12, 2007, at 8:17 AM, David RR Webber ((XML)) wrote:

> As I said - not sure what formally changed hands - believe there
> was a letter from Bob Sutor to OASIS and CEFACT - but given that
> previously existing item - it appears superfluous/conflicting for
> IBM to again issue something that may potentially make the already
> existing conditions appear less clear.

After the conclusion of the ebXML initiative an issue surfaced about
IBM's tpaML patent. tpaML was donated to ebXML by IBM to form the
basis of the CPPA. The issue was resolved by the ebXML Management
Team, with the help of OASIS, and resulted in a release statement by
IBM to grant a hassle- and royalty-free license to the users and
implementers of ebXML CPPA Version 1.x and 2.x and future versions.
The statement should be available from OASIS on request.

Klaus

smime.p7s