Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Freely available patents from IBM - but what
about ebXML CPPA?
From: Mike Rawlins <mcr2@rawlinsecconsulting.com>
Date: Thu, July 12, 2007 11:09 am
To: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>,
ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org

I don't believe it was. If any patents had been covered it would have
required more than just an agreement between OASIS and CEFACT. Normally,
the participants in an effort are required to agree to an IP policy as a
condition of contributing work. The ebXML Work Group was never a formal
entity, and it didn't have any IP policies. I don't recall being asked
to abide by either the OASIS or CEFACT IP policies.

I would like to see IBM tie up the loose ends on TP XML and include it
on this or a similar list.

Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com

David RR Webber (XML) wrote:
> Anders,
>
> I suspect because that TP XML patent was already covered by the
agreement with OASIS and CEFACT in 1999?