Subject: RE: [ebxml-mktg-sc] Badging materials

Title: RE: [ebxml-mktg-sc] Badging materials

Let me guess....you have a little "badging materials" company on-the-side....right ?

I like the idea, but then again I'm a sucker for any marketing ideas. I think you could probably give them away at conferences, but do you really think people/company will spend money on them ???

"I'm a techie nerd and I hate Microsoft (I know, its not supposed to be ebXML vs. Microsoft, but isn't that one of the issues we are dealing with ?").

Since we're throwing out corny ideas, how about a theme for ebXML ? Maybe......."EDI - The Next Generation" ?

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber - XMLGlobal [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 1:45 PM
To: ebXML Mkt Steering
Subject: [ebxml-mktg-sc] Badging materials

Team,

In writing up the 'action plan' this morning - I realized from the
'better booth signs' thread develops another idea.

Badging materials.  Pins, caps, sweats, mugs that are purchasable
from the web site - that show people are endorsing ebXML.
These could also be available for sponsorship with company
logos.   I like the 'whole earth' theme, and a natural blue look for
these and a standout logo and message in red.

Then at conferences we can have attendees walking around
promoting the standard, and could also give us a marketing
kitty to work with.

Yeah, I know this stuff is corny - but it works, or does it?

DW.