Subject: RE: [ebxml-mktg-sc] ebXML: Getting it wrong

Carol,

Actually - I think its a lost cause.  And in this case - I love the
positioning they inadvertently gave us!

Better is if we hound them to include URLs.  That's simple and
effective IMHO.

If we had links to http://www.oasis-open.org   and http://ebXML.org
in this article - then - who cares what they say?  We want those
click thrus!

It's also a much nicer message to hound them and say
"Dear Editor,  we were delighted that you gave us coverage
but dismayed you did not include a link to our sites.  Our
policy asks that publications provide courtesy links.

If you would like valuable additional content and materials
on OASIS and ebXML we will be pleased to arrange for
our worldclass team of experts to provide input to your
editors and staff.

Sincerely yours, etc.

So - I guess we nominate you good self to act as
watchdog here - and fire these off whenever we need to.

I guess we could also be proactive - and send a
similar toady letter out ahead of time - but this time
leading with our team of worldclass experts - and
see if we get any takers....before they publish.

I guess this is something else for the website -
a link for Editors and Journalists- click here for
valuable information  - and then give them the
invite...

Some how I managed to find you three action
items out of a simple post to our list?!?

I guess you'll never send me email again, eh?

Thanks, DW.

Message text written by INTERNET:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org

It would be great if the Steering Committee and/or the Media Relations
SC could take on the task of formally responding to misinformation about
ebXML in the press.

I felt like I was in a time warp this morning when I read, "...Only
recently was SOAP accepted into the ebXML Messaging Specification
fold..." in
http://www.aspnews.com/news/article/0,2350,4191_1478771,00.html.
<