Subject: [ebxml-mktg-sc] [Fwd: Welcome to the ebxml-speakers group]

Alan and I created ebxml group email alias.  And we
took a liberty to add 30 or so members that were collected
by Dee to the list.  (Attached email is the intro. message
sent out to the members a few minutes ago.)

Just to clarify why Alan and I have decided to
create yahoo group email alias (instead of creating
OASIS email alias), the following is the reasons
we chose it.

-People can join and unjoin the group alias themselves
  anytime they want. That is, joining the group alias is
  just a matter of them sending an email to, for example,
  ebxml-speakers-subscribe@sun.com and removing themselves
  Using Oasis I assume means that they have to send
  "please add me to the alias" request to someone and
  that someone has to manage adding/removing people.
  Given that we expect more people will join the group
  alias in the future, little or minimum administration
  is a good thing, in my opinion.

-With Yahoo group alias, you can designate multiple people
  as moderators, who have priviledge to manage the alias
  for example approving the "join"  or "unjoin" request

-You can do polling among group members.  That is, if
  you want to find out what the group is thinking on
  a certain subject, you can send out a poll request

-There is a group email website where you can upload
  files, profile information, or whatever.  I am expecting
  that this could be site where people can upload their
  presentations.  And these files can be viewed and
  downloaded by anyone or restricted set of people.

-The email postings are maintained by Yahoo and you can
  search things out later on from the archive.

-It is free.

-There are a few more useful features but I hope the
  above reasons are good enough reasons to use Yahoo
  group alias.

Now I am going to send out another email on the things
I have in mind regarding how we proceed. They include

-Asking people to constuct their profile
-Asking people to post any presentation slides they want to share
-Asking people to post any ebXML speaking opportunities
-Asking people to share their experience on ebXML technologies

Thanks.

-Sang