Subject: Re: [ebxml-mktg-sc] [Fwd: Welcome to the ebxml-speakers group]

David RR Webber - XML ebusiness wrote:
> Sang,
>
> This is a good thing - however I wish you had used:
>
>  http://www.freelists.org
>
> Personal peeve - I hate Yahoo groups - because they
> make you sign up for Spam and you get pop-ups
> via HTML, and you have to go to the group site -
> so they are not really 'free'.
>
> You may want to think about re-locating to Freelists
> at some point once you have things stabilized.
>
> Feature for feature Freelist matches Yahoo - and
> then it has things they do not - and without the Spam,
> and onliine interface issues ; -)

David,

Thanks for the information on freelists. (I did not
know about it.)  I will definitely take a look.

So far, my experience in using Yahoo group alias
in teaching several classes, the most current one with
close to 800 online students (http://www.plurb.com/j2ee/)
has been pretty positive.  Most of the people
receive postings through their own email address
(not Yahoo account), so popup has not been an issue.
Spam can hopefully avoided since this is a group
alias for "appoved members only". (Alan and I will
be apporvers.) And the list of the people can be
viewed only by members.

> OK - I've had my rant for the day - I'm really pleased to
> see you and Alan are making progress.
>
> On the PPT front - I'm ready to sign-off on the ebXML PPT
> now - and have that posted to your new group - and
> the Web site as a Speaker Resource.  I suggest once
> the group gets rolling that they can take ownership of
> the PPT and keeping it up to date, posting varients,
> et al.

Sounds very good.

> Do you want to take the lead on the PPT now?  We
> can do a straw poll on whether people see it is ready
> for primetime - do an [announce] and move on to the
> next deliverable...

I would say that we post it.  We can always improve
anytime we want.  I would add a slide (or within speaker
notes somewhere) that has "version control information" so that
people know which version they are dealing with.

Yes, I will be glad to move on with your slides and
let people know.

-Sang

> Cheers, DW.

Sang Shin                       sang.shin@sun.com
Strategic Market Development    (781) 442-0531(Work)
Sun Microsystems, Inc.          (781) 993-1136(Fax)

http://www.plurb.com/webservices/index.html#Bio
http://www.plurb.com/misc/te/SangSchedule.html
(Life is worth living... with Passion!)