ebxml-mktg message

Subject: RE: NO!!! - [ebxml-mktg] ebXML Name

Interesting, your point touches on something that has been nagging at me for

a while now.

Why is IBM the enemy? Specifically, why is IBM not supporting ebXML? What
are the issues? Are they technical? Political? Internal?

What about Sun? A year ago they seemed quite vocal in their support. Now it
appears to be waning. At least their public support is. Yes, they seeded the
open source Reg/Rep, but then they go and get involved with WSCI. Why?

Same with Oracle. Where are they? Yes, they have announced ebMS support in
9iAS, but there hasn't been any real solid public announcements.

In short, it seems to me that the Big Four (Sun, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft)
seem to be indifferent or in some cases downright hostile toward ebXML. Why?

Am I wrong?

If anyone has any ideas/theories or just wishes to set me straight, i'd love
to here from you.

Cheers,

Adam