ebxml-mktg message

Subject: RE: [ebxml-mktg] FW: [ebxml-dev] Gartner and ebXML

Mark:

Thank you for passing that note along.  It is important to know what the analysts are saying, particularly if they are repeating the OSI comparison, which has become the smear du jour of the anti-ebXML crowd.

It is also important that we develop an overall communications strategy that defines objectives, identifies audiences, establishes overall themes, identifies resources at our disposal (and resources we may need to acquire), and prepares messages to meet our communications objectives.  In other words, we need to define our message, and not let others do it for us.  If not, we will find ourselves in a no-win, never-ending reactive mode.

The marketing/awareness team during the ebXML development project succeeded in getting some of that strategy in place, and you can see the recurring themes in the white paper, FAQs, presentations, releases, and articles that came out in  the first part of 2001.  We need to start getting back into that proactive mode, so we can drive our point home more effectively. Best regards.

Alan Kotok
AlanKotok@cs.com
http://www.technewslit.com/
Editor, <E-Business*Standards*Today/>, http://www.disa.org/dailywire/