Subject: Re: POC and Trading Partner Agreements

I want to point out that the ebXML RR Services v0.8 spec requires that
the registry client registers with the registry by
specifying a Party Profile which is a TPA (ala IBM TPAML submission)
with only 1
parties info. The schema for the PP will be updated once the TP team has
an
official version. However, the unofficial IBM TPAML is what the RR
services spec
has listed as part of its message api for registration (with statements
indicating that this will need to be aligned in the future with TP teams
works).
I dont think we should try and deviate from current TPAML. This would
cause a
lot of confusion and God knows we have enough to deal with.

So in summary, the TPAML v1.0.6 DTD (attached) is the DTD the ebXML RR
Services v0.8 spec specifies as part of its api. This should be good
enough to meet "our self-professed rules" that POC implement what is
specified by ebXML specs. This is just a pragmatic way to deal with the
fact that the official TP version will not be available for Tokyo.

Farrukh

David RR Webber wrote:

> Message text written by Sigmund Handelman/Watson/IBM
> >
> There will be no specification before Vancouver.
>
> IBM and the team would not object if the POC team looks at the tpaML
> Proposal from IBM as a starting point.
>
> Sig Handelman
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Sig,
>
> By our self-professed rules - I believe this means we should pull
> the TPA functionality from the PoC.
>
> Frankly this would help make the whole easier to digest and
> implement right now as we face a mountain of work prior
> to Tokyo.
>
> We can leave in a stub - in anticipation of the Vancouver PoC,
> as each PoC looks to be a logical step up from the previous.
>
> Thanks, DW.

tpa_1_0_6.dtd

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;fax:781-442-1610
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Drive, MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh S. Najmi
end:vcard