Subject: ebXML POC PR plans

Hi All,

Attached is the latest PR plan for the POC.

The plan has been revised. The ebXML marketing team has decided to
postpone the ebXML POC press release and related PR activities until
later in November
(see plan for more details).

Please note that we will still hold media briefings in Tokyo. The Tokyo
media briefings will be general, but we will note the POC work and
highlight vendors
involved in the POC.

This decision was made based upon  a couple of things:
· The event is in Tokyo, and we do not expect any non-Asian based press
to attend the meeting. Although international outreach is certainly key
to our PR activities, there is a large chasm between press coverage in
Asia-Pacific and western countries. Our hope is that by holding a PR
event in the US, we’ll get greater distribution of our news. We will
still do PR outreach on general ebXML work in Tokyo – see below.
· Comdex is being held the week of November 13. This means a lot of news
channels are tied up until the week after this event.
· Thanksgiving holidays in the U.S. (November 23 & 24).
· A later date gives us more time to coordinate the partner PR efforts
around this, which are essential to generating the impact needed. As
well, this gives us more time to finalize other possible news items for
the ebXML press release. This will be discussed in Tokyo.
· It is important that audiences learn the basics of ebXML, as much as
is possible, before diving into information on the POC. This context is
needed in order to understand the import of the POC.

With all that in mind, the plan now calls for a POC PR event for the
week of Nov 27 or Dec 4 in the San Francisco Bay Area (all POC
participants are invited).  This means that we will not have any major
PR activity this week or next.

We will finalize these plans this week and next week at Tokyo.  We
proposed a meeting with the POC team in Tokyo Friday AM to go over the
POC PR event.

A couple of take-aways:
- There will be no major PR activity from ebXML this week or next week.
- If you are planning any PR activity, please contact Carol Geyer at
OASIS (carol.geyer@oasis-open.org, +1-941-926-2322).
- Carol Geyer will coordinate all press release activities, this
includes quotes and review of press releases.

Cheers,
Steve
--
Steve Yung, steven.yung@sun.com