Subject: RE: ebXML POC PR plans

Steven,

	Why can't we have a live POC at SFO as well. We would be more prepared and
would learn from the Tokyo POC. As this is a pretty important event, I think
we should try to make it as effective as possible.

	cheers

	FYI, I just talked about XML, RosettaNet and ebXML to a conference in San
Antonio representing Cisco. Most of attendees haven't worked much with XML,
but understood the problems - one off solutions, different messages for
almost same processes (EDI!), et al. They all understood the need and value
of granular, well defined, interoperable business processes. The point is,
there are enough minds out there who would understand our message and making
it real would be very effective.

	Sorry for the long e-mail, sometimes my enthusiasm runneth over

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Yung [mailto:steven.yung@sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 12:06 PM
To: ebxml-poc@lists.ebxml.org; Meredith Wehmann; srosen; iwasa;
Susan_LaDow; yamakura; ksaneii; lwagman; t.nakao; nanneman; erind2;
eduard.weijgers; shickman; bcox; lisa.faust; slangdon; nkeating;
anthony.dutton; carol.geyer; susan.struble; Heather_Lukens;
Simon.Nicholson; Ed.Julson; Annette_Herr@stercomm.com;
mnaughton@interwoven.com

Hi All,

I just got off a ebXML marketing call, we can to two POC related conclusion.
- We asked that all partners hold off on their press releases till the POC
PR
event at the end of November.
- We are looking into filming the POC for the PR event.

Cheers,
Steve

Steven Yung wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Attached is the latest PR plan for the POC.
>
> The plan has been revised. The ebXML marketing team has decided to
> postpone the ebXML POC press release and related PR activities until
> later in November
> (see plan for more details).
>
> Please note that we will still hold media briefings in Tokyo. The Tokyo
> media briefings will be general, but we will note the POC work and
> highlight vendors
> involved in the POC.
>
> This decision was made based upon  a couple of things:
> · The event is in Tokyo, and we do not expect any non-Asian based press
> to attend the meeting. Although international outreach is certainly key
> to our PR activities, there is a large chasm between press coverage in
> Asia-Pacific and western countries. Our hope is that by holding a PR
> event in the US, we’ll get greater distribution of our news. We will
> still do PR outreach on general ebXML work in Tokyo – see below.
> · Comdex is being held the week of November 13. This means a lot of news
> channels are tied up until the week after this event.
> · Thanksgiving holidays in the U.S. (November 23 & 24).
> · A later date gives us more time to coordinate the partner PR efforts
> around this, which are essential to generating the impact needed. As
> well, this gives us more time to finalize other possible news items for
> the ebXML press release. This will be discussed in Tokyo.
> · It is important that audiences learn the basics of ebXML, as much as
> is possible, before diving into information on the POC. This context is
> needed in order to understand the import of the POC.
>
> With all that in mind, the plan now calls for a POC PR event for the
> week of Nov 27 or Dec 4 in the San Francisco Bay Area (all POC
> participants are invited).  This means that we will not have any major
> PR activity this week or next.
>
> We will finalize these plans this week and next week at Tokyo.  We
> proposed a meeting with the POC team in Tokyo Friday AM to go over the
> POC PR event.
>
> A couple of take-aways:
> - There will be no major PR activity from ebXML this week or next week.
> - If you are planning any PR activity, please contact Carol Geyer at
> OASIS (carol.geyer@oasis-open.org, +1-941-926-2322).
> - Carol Geyer will coordinate all press release activities, this
> includes quotes and review of press releases.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve
> --
> Steve Yung, steven.yung@sun.com
> Market Segment Manager
> XML/Web Development Solutions
> Sun Microsystems
> Phone: +1-650-786-8469
> Fax: +1-650-786-3674

>                             Name: ebXML POC PR Plan.doc
>    ebXML POC PR Plan.doc    Type: Microsoft Word Document
(application/msword)