Subject: Re: ack for HL7

----- Original Message -----
From: Liora Alschuler <liora@the-word-electric.com>
To: <ebxml-poc@lists.ebxml.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 5:24 PM
Subject: ack for HL7

> After speaking with Jon Farmer, I realize that it is not necessary to use
> the HL7 ack as payload. He will post one that could be used, but use
> whatever ack is simplest, it need not be HL7-specific.

That's just as well.  To my knowledge, there is no XML-form definition for an
HL7 ACK -- at least, there's no mention of it in any of the DTDs or specs I've
found so far.  In the HIMSS demo, depending on the vendor, we used either HL7
2.3 (pipe-and-hat) ACKs or simple comm protocol-level acknowledgements (HTTP
POST reply) with a hard-coded fixed message.

If anyone needs an example of what an HL7 ACK looks like, make a noise and I'll
post one anyway.

Martin