Subject: Repository Information Model v0.1

After doing due diligence and studying the ISO 11179 and OASIS
information models as well as the UDDI specs, here is a first stab at
the ebXML Repository Information Model (attached).

Repository Information Model v0.1
-----------------------------------
Note that I have separated the core Repository Information Model and the
core Registry Services that provide access to the repository content in
separate documents. This organization seems to make sense. Let me know
what you think.

Informal Requirements
-----------------------
I have also captured my stab (from last meeting) at requirements in a
separate requirements document (also attached). I am assuming that a
requirements document exists elsewhere and we can merge any agreed upon
requirements from my version into the master requirements document. The
intent is to not lose the identified (potential) requirements.

Registry Services Specification v0.5
------------------------------------
The Registry Services v0.5 spec is being majorly re-worked based on our
collective work and feedback received so far. This document will be
release sometime tomorrow if all goes according to plan. Major changes
in that document will include the following:

-Replaced DocumentManager interface with ObjectManager interface
(generalized based on Scott's comments)
-Factored out information model aspects in separate document which is
attached.
-Removed TPA Manager interface since this can be done by a Registry
Services client using core registry services.
-Added QueryProcessor interface to define object query and retrieval (is
there a btter name? If so send suggestions).
-Changed terminology where relevant to better align with past work in
part 1 as well as ongoing meta-model
  work in other WGs

I look forward to your participation in getting these early proposals
into a final document for use by Tokyo POC work. We have an informal
agreement with POC team to release final Tokyo specs from RegRep by this
Friday (9/22). To help meet that goal I would like to ask Scott or Yuta
to arrange a conference call for Wednesday for the Information Model
v0.1 spec and one on Thursday for the Registry Services v0.5 spec (will
be released tomorrow).

Farrukh

RepositoryInfoModelv0-1.pdf

RegistryRequirementsv0-1.pdf

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;fax:781-442-1610
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Drive, MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh S. Najmi
end:vcard