Subject: Re: Single Registry Interface Proposal (ZIP)

Hello Folks,

    I am new to the forum. I am very disappointed with the above document.
    If we are going to have any credibilty we MUST describe what we intend
with clarity.
    The document is full of unnecessary verbiage and mangled English.
    Take one example:

" 7) Provide a simple metaphor to migrate and express existing data
dictionaries and related content such as COBOL copybooks, SQL table
definitions, CICS structures, program data structures, business data
dictionaries and similar information content quickly and easily into."

  Help !!!! This is neither grammatical English nor is it comprehensible
English.

 If part of this document has been prepared by someone whose mother tongue
is not English, please have it checked by a native English speaker.
As an alternative let the author write it in their own language, then  have
it translated by a translator whose mother tongue is English.

Our specifications, and other documents, must be clear and unambiguous. They
are about communication of a grand plan. If communication fails we are lost.

I am sorry to have to start my membership of  the forum with a rebuke as
above, because I think the whole initiative is admirable, and greatly
needed.

I would hate to find the initiative was failing because it is badly
communicated.

Sorry !!

Cheers, Phil, Goatly (Bolero International Ltd)