Subject: RE: UDDI Classification vs. ebXML RR Classification

Matt,

	I just now read thru the Ad Hoc query proposal. Farrukh has the simple and
complex predicate support (using the Object Query Language from ODMG 3.0) in
his adHoc query proposal which will answer your question.

	cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:matt@xmlglobal.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 3:56 PM
To: ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org

It seems that in ebXML RR, classification trees are requested and traversed
without
any prior knowledge of the classification taxonomies, the classification is
given to
the user dynamically.  This approach is certainly very flexible for allowing
arbitrary
taxonomies to be introduced in certain industries, but presents a problem
when an
attempt is made to integrate with UDDI.

UDDI expects the browser to know about the classification taxonomies.  At
UDDI.microsoft.com, if I wanted to find businesses that are associated with
Apparel,
Luggage and Personal Care Products, I would need to do
search that essentially says: find businesses with a UNSPC code of 53.

Should ebXML RR support a number of taxonomies such as UNSPC, NAICS, SIC and
GeoWeb,
as UDDI does, and have an option of supplying the classification tree based
on a list
of taxonomies that the
client is interested in, for instance:

ObjectQueryManager->getClassificationTree("UNSPC")

??

Comments??

-Matt