Subject: Re: UDDI Classification vs. ebXML RR Classification

Krishna,

Yes, the adhoc query mechanism solves a part of the problem, but not all.  Along
with adhoc queries on
the registry, we need drill down support for taxonomies, for instance, I might
make the following string of queries:

req:    oqm.getTaxonomyList();
resp:  UNSPC, NAICS, AUTO_TAXON

req: oqm.getTaxonomyMap(AUTO_TAXON); // Or there is a copy locally...this is for
dynamic use of arbitrary taxonomies.
resp: {10 => Cars, 11 => Trucks, 12 => "Sport Utilities"}

req: oqm.submitAdhocQuery("find all businesses classified AUTO_TAXON=10");
resp: {Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Renault, ...}

req: oqm.submitAdhocQuery("find all products made by Ford");
resp: ...

I propose that a default set of taxonomies be supported in the Registry, and an
extension mechanism or
policy be expected for the addition of specialized taxonomies.  A client would be
able to dynamically select
a taxonomy to use.

-Matt