Subject: Re: Updated Constrained OQL proposal

Matthew,

Short answer I forgot to mention is that no there is no such explicit
requirement that the query syntax be mappable to SQL. However I do see the
following requirements:

1. Easy to use and familiar syntax for clients
2. Based on a standard
3. Able to make use of RIM attributes and methods to perform the kind of
queries exemplified in:

http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-regrep/200101/msg00098.html

Just curious. How does XML Global store metadata for their registry?

BTW Sorry about mis-spelling your name.

Matthew MacKenzie wrote:

> Farrukh,
>
> Is "mapping to SQL" a requirement of regrep adhoc query?  Your proposal
> stinks of technology bias, and I hope the group recognizes that.
>
> --
> Matthew MacKenzie
> VP Research & Development
> XML Global Technologies, Inc.

Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard