Subject: Re: [Fwd: Implementation of XML QUERY]

David W. has good points here about separation of actors concerning query;
the general public exposure
for registry contact is likely most appropriate for business-level
interfacing, while power-user flexibility, as
in adhoc, is in a separate space of use. This somewhat gets back to the 'a
DBA perspective' thread. It is difficult to cast
an interface that explicitly outlines adhoc query specification that does
not suffer from implementation-seep.
I believe it is likely a good move to think toward a business-level
interface [list_CoreComponents(x,y,z)] for
these reasons and for reasons of ebXML business-level buy-in.

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

David RR Webber <Gnosis_@compuserve.com>@compuserve.com> on 01/23/2001
09:45:13 PM