Subject: RE: [Fwd: Implementation of XML QUERY]

I appreciate your thinking of me as a super-user.  :-)

I think that my point was mis-interpreted in the comments below.  As I
posted to the list a month ago, there are plenty of tangible benefits to
using both structured queries and ad hoc queries.  Ad hoc queries can
support a super user and it is also a very powerful interface for small,
medium, and large enterprises wishing to do discovery.  Ad hoc queries can
be done against XML elements and the registered content.  I strongly
encourage disbelievers in the ability to use ad hoc query against content to
try out a wonderful ad hoc query interface already in place:  go to
www.google.com, type "Enterprise Class Content Management" in the entry
field, and hit return.  What is missing is a well defined partner profile
that comes up to do business (I would certainly hope this is achieved in
ebXML).  Notice that I can find someone that can do ECCM without having to
know anything about taxonomies.  Also note that we also have to deal with
the plethora of information that will be available when core components come
on-line.

We can also visit classical decision theory that suggests that heterarchies
support creativity in early stages of a business life-cycle, which in my
opinion, is the time in which we can foster the growth of new opportunities.

I am agreement that the discussion about one query syntax over another has
gone on too long.  What I disagree on is the ad hoc versus structured query
debate.  There are plenty of use cases that support both.

To borrow from Krishna: just my two yens worth,

	Have a great afternoon,

	Mark