Subject: Re: Resubmission of Distributed Registry Approaches.ppt

David, perhaps missed my point.
Taking the role of an ebXML BP purest,
the interactions that you described are Collaborations and should
have a Specification Schema. CPPs reference Roles in those Specification
Schemas.

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

David RR Webber <Gnosis_@compuserve.com>@compuserve.com> on 04/03/2001
04:25:26 PM

To:   Scott Hinkelman/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc:   Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, "Nieman, Scott"
      <Scott.Nieman@NorstanConsulting.com>, "'ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org
      '" <ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org>, Lisa Carnahan
      <lisa.carnahan@nist.gov>

Message text written by Scott Hinkelman

Good point Marty. In ebXML, there needs to be a Specification Schema
defined to obtain that business information.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Scott,

I'm not sure on this - since we already have Classification.

Say I wanted all Plumbers then I use the Filtered Query on
Classification only  to discover if the registry has any classification
containing 'Plumber'.  I may get back a set of responses showing
NAICS, UNSPSC and DUNS as answers.

Another approach would be - since I'm only interested in Businesses
as a a priori - I could pre-determine that classifications for NAICS,
UNSPSC and DUNS exist, and query instead on those classifications
being in the registry.

As I previously noted - knowing how many registry items reference
that classification would then give an indication of volume of content
too - to allow prioritization of subsequent search requests.

The alternative is to specify a business classification ourselves,
but this seems to be a path we don't want to traverse.

DW.