Subject: RE: Resubmission of Distributed Registry Approaches.ppt

> David,
>
> Hi.  I think these two are equivalent!  The problem with ebXML
> these days is that we have not yet unscrambled our terminology
> into phrasing that the average citizen can grasp.

Well I guess it's only natural there's a bit of clear thought starting to
come out as the various components of ebXML start coming together as what
some in the crowd are calling Version 1.0; (hey, we know how projects work
in real life).

> Perhaps my statement was too succinct - but the ghist is
> there in the intent of the CPP of allowing someone to
> connect to a Registry via the ebXML Registry API and
> send requests and get responses.  A registry CPP, as
> Farrukh showed in the Tokyo PoC, is just a specialized
> instance of the TRP CPP.

So you're saying you see various types of CPP's ? A 'registry CPP' and a
'TRP CPP'. Hmmmmmmm. Are you asking or telling ?

I must have missed that one in TP's document submitted for QR. I do see from
the definition "A CPP defines the capabilities of a Party to engage in
electronic business with other Parties." I do see the TP document mentioning
a CPP may be stored in a registry, but I don't see anything about a registry
CPP. Can you show me in the TP document that part you are looking at ?

Thanks
DMcSW