Subject: Re: ebXML Requirements Specification 0.2

Scott,

Thanks for the comment.  Yes, we took your content from
http://objectrepository.homepage.com/BusReq.html

In general, we have adopted the following outline for the normative sections of
the document:

High Level Requirements of an ebXML Application Environment (Section 2)
Detail Requirements of an ebXML Application Environment (Section 3)
Requirements on ebXML Guidelines (Section 4)

We have been working with this breakdown so that sections 2 and 3 describe what
it is we hope to allow developers to build.  These sections describe the
behavior and attributes of the whole system in which ebXML "standards" are
used.  These sections are all about business requirements, and some detailed
technical requirements supporting the business requirements.  These requirements
break down into functional and non-functional.  Section 4, on the other hand,
deals with specific attributes or features of the guidelines themselves.   This
approach is one thing that our team will be discussing next week, but for now it
is the one we are using.  Since most of the submitted and posted requirements
don't fit well into this framework (they often talk about strategy and solutions
as well) getting the relevant content into this document organization has not
been easy.

Regarding your team's posting,  I think in this context that most of your
content on "Business Requirements" is appropriate to Section 3.  It is also
listed not just as functional requirements, but as non-functional requirements
as well.   Since we are focusing on high level requirements, I think the content
you have posted is appropriate for the Requirements Specification.  The section
is rough and needs some work, but I think it is mainly on target.

Regarding the workflow activities, please be aware that at this point we are
trying to stay high level, except for where teams have already developed detail
requirements.   We seek to have the document ready to submit for full ebXML
review on Friday, so I don't think we necessarily want a lot of work that you
develop next week.  It may be that you want even less detail in our document
than is present in the current version.  These are things we will want to
discuss with you in our joint meetings next week.

Mike