Subject: Fwd:Definitions of Registry and Repository

Scott,

    your thoughts on Richards Comments?

    Mark
Mark Crawford
Research Fellow
______
LMI Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177   Fax (703) 917-7518
mcrawfor@lmi.org
http://www.lmi.org
"Opportunity is what you make of it"

____________________Forward Header_____________________
Subject:    Definitions of Registry and Repository
Author: Richard Parent <rparent@sct.gouv.qc.ca>
Date:       4/27/00 9:25 PM

Hello,

In software engineering, we used to hear the term Referential to
designate an "active dictionary", one which applies a model to an
instance.

In 2.4.1, it is said that "The Registry should have an () API..."
and the next paragraph says that the repository should have "a set
dealing with application usage of the repository".

This is not clear for me. The Note does not clarify which part plays the
referential role.

In this Note I would rephrase a bit : "such that a pointer to the
location of a document and all its metadata can be retrieved", to
reflect the fact that the location is part of metadata.

Richard Parent
Hello,
designate an "active dictionary", one which applies a model to an instance.
dealing with application usage of the repository".
the referential role.