ebxml-stc message

Subject: RE: UDDI, ebXML, and ecoFramework

here you go:

http://www.ebxml.org/project_teams/registry/private/P1Comments.html

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: mblantz@LTVSteel.com [mailto:mblantz@LTVSteel.com]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 1:08 PM
To: ebxml-stc@lists.ebxml.org

Mike,

Much as I would like you to have the last word, I must ask a question.

You indicated a knowledge of the R&R that is more than I know.  I trust you
have found the documentation somewhere.

Please share.

Mary Kay

Mike Rawlins <rawlins@metronet.com> on 09/08/2000 01:37:39 PM

Please respond to rawlins@metronet.com

To:   ebxml-stc <ebxml-stc@lists.ebxml.org>
cc:    (bcc: Mary K Blantz/CLGO/LTV)

Rik,

Since only you and I seem to care much about this ;^), and we've both stated
our
opinions, I don't see much to be gained by continuing this dialogue.
However,
I'm sure you'll agree with me that there's a big difference between the BP
metamodel using parts of the eCo framework, and ebXML adopting it wholesale
with
all of its interfaces, schemas, and implementation details.   Those are
beyond
the scope of the BP work.  They also don't fall within R&R, since R&R is
only
working on means to host any generic artifact, and not working on the
details of
the kinds of TP information needed for discovery.  The details of trading
partner discovery logically fall within the responsibility of the TP team,
but
that team has not yet even reached a consensus that trading partner
discovery is
within its scope.  In fact, the last time it was discussed the consensus was
that discovery was *not* within the team's scope.

So, there you have it.  You going to give me the last word???  Have a good
weekend.

Mike