Subject: Re: UDDI

Marty,

Thanks for your reply. I was overly broad with my "TPA" inquiry; what I
was referring to was the seeming overlap with partner profiles, and
trading partner negotiations in general.

I'm pleased to hear that the steering committee was briefed; I look
forward to public statements from Bob or Klaus.

-gvh-

Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM wrote:

> Gordon,
>
> There is clearly overlap between UDDI and the ebXML registry and between
> UDDI and ebXML partner profiles.  From what I have seen (only a glance, so
> far) there is no mention of TPA in the UDDI materials that were released
> today.  If you found something specifically about TPA, please let me know
> where to look (document and page or subhead).
>
> The TP team is continuing to move forward according to our original plan.
>
> Bob Sutor briefed the steering committee on UDDI today. Any more detailed
> his IBM hat on) or ebXML management. I have copied Bob Sutor on this reply
> in case he wants to make a further response to your query.
>
> Regards,
> Marty

> Martin W. Sachs
> IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
> P. O. B. 704
> Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
> 914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
> Notes address:  Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM
> Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
>
> Gordon van Huizen <gvanhuiz@progress.com> on 09/06/2000 04:53:06 PM
>
> Please respond to gvh@progress.com
>
> To:   Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
> cc:   ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org
> Subject:  UDDI
>
> Marty,
>
> Have you had a chance to look into UDDI (a joint initiative of Ariba, MS
> and IBM--papers and specs can be found at www.uddi.org)?
>
> At first glance it appears that there is substantial overlap between
> UDDI and both Reg/Rep and TPA. How do you see UDDI relating to the
> ebXML/TPA work moving forward?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -gvh-
begin:vcard
n:Van Huizen;Gordon
tel;work:510-848-1988
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.sonicmq.com
org:Progress Software;XML and Internet Technology
adr:;;14 Oak Park;Bedford;MA;01730;
version:2.1
email;internet:gvh@progress.com
title:Director, Product Management