Subject: minutes of Aug. 30, 2000 conference call

Attendees:  Dale Mobert, Mike Rawlins, Anne Hendrie, Prakash Sinha, Iwasa,
Farrukh Najmi, Scott Hinkelman, Mark Hale, and anyone who may have been on
the call but didn't identify themselves.

We agreed that we need a requirements document which in turn would be input
to the ebXML Requirements document.

I suggested that a UML model of the TPA could be our Tokyo deliverable.
Scott HInkelman briefly discussed the ebXML metamodel and noted that it
will be revised based on the latest Edifecs metamodel.  The TPA model can
be combined at that point.

Mike Rawlins pointed out that OpenEDI discusses a scenario and scenario
manager.  The scenario manager corresponds to the application services
layer which is occasionally mentioned in TRP discussions.

Scott mentioned that the ebXML UML model may not have a TPA section that
can be separated.  I pointed out that to use the ebxml parts separately as
well as together (which is stated in the ebXML requirements document), the
TPA UML model should ge able to stand alone.  Mike agreed.

Prakash raised the question of separate XML documents for different parts
of the TPA.  I suggested that we do this in a way which enables a party to
view the whole TPA together in order to ensure consistency between
sections.

Mike suggest that for Tokyo, we should have a text document as well as a
UML mode. I suggested that this should consist of descriptions of the
individual tags and could be part of the final specification.  Mike
suggested developing a single document that has both UML digrams and text,
including some use case descriptions and class diagrams.  The UML model
should be able to be integrated with the ebxml metamodel but there should
alsob e a stand-alone document.

Mike reported that he is reviewing the UML model against ANSI EDI 838,
which is a standard for exchanging trading-partner information.  There
implementations, including US Federal applications, which use EDI 838.

Farrukh reported that he is working on a registry services specification
which uses the TPA.  He has since posted the draft to the TP team
listserver.

Farrukh suggested that the components of the TPA be registered to the
repository.  There should be an interface for composing a TPA.

Conference calls:  We decided to start with a frequency of every two weeks.
Mike suggested switching to weekly after the face-to-face.

Face-to-face meeting:  We decided on October 12-13 at IBM, Hawthorne, NY.

Dale Moberg said that he will look for some B2B use cases and suggested
that others also look for the same.  He suggested looking at some papers
from the MIT Media Lab.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs