Subject: Re: Comment and question about CPP/CPA Spec.(version 0.1)

Saito-san,

My replies are inserted below.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

Yukinori Saito <y-saito@ecom.or.jp> on 01/18/2001 05:20:02 AM

To:   ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org
cc:   XMLSTD@ecom.or.jp

Followings are our comments and questions about CPP/CPA Spec.(version 0.1)
from XML/EDI standardization committee organized by ECOM in Japan.

1. I recommend to insert graphical presentation in the chapter 6(System
Overview). The presentation chart may be titled “Building procedure of CPA
with Repository”, which describes how CPA is build by both CPPs in the
Repository.

MWS:  Yes, I already plan to do that, using the charts you gave me in
Tokyo.
I will do it soon, but probably not int he next version.

2. There is a description of “DUNS number” in the example of CPP document.
I think DUNS number is only a example as naming system, maybe we can use
UCC
Communication ID, EAN Partner identification code, or Japanese JIPDEC/ECPC
code.
So I propose to insert the following description or something in the
specification.
“It is capable to use identification code specified by ISO6523 (Structure
for the identification of organizations and organization parts)”

MWS:  The URN approach allows the CPP/CPA to use any identifiable naming
system.
I will make sure that it says this and will mention ISO6523 as an example.

3. There are HTTP, SMTP, FTP as transfer protocol specification.
Does CPP/CPA Specification support only these 3 protocols?
Remarks(1): There was VAN-EDI tag in the document “Proposed Tags to be
included in CPP and CPA”
Remarks(2): IIOP(Internet Inter-ORB Protocol) is supported by TRP.

MWS:  At the moment, the TRP specification supports only HTTP and SMTP.
Generally, people have not been interesed in including IIOP since it is
viewed
as complex and not widely used.  It can be considered for the future.  The
VAN-EDI bindings in tpaML were only a guess.  I think that part of the
problem
with VAN-EDI each VAN may do it differently, so their protocols are not
open
standards.  We can, of course consider it in the future.

4. It is hard to read the structure of XML document(The example of CPP and
CPA Document in the Appendix). Because several sentences are separated to
two lines.
Is there any method to fix this trouble?

MWS:  The only method I know is to go through the appendices line by line
and
adjust the beginning of line and indents to make it more readable.  Some
lines
will have to be split anyway because they are too long for any printed
format. I did try landscape orientation but it didn't help much.
The DTD and XML samples are generated by an XML editor(XML Authority) which
does not provide this kind of format control.  Manual adjustment is not
practical because the DTD and XML sampleswill be changing for a long time
come.  We could consider doing it for the final approved version.

Regards,
Yukinori Saito

Yukinori Saito
Electronic Commerce Promotion Council of Japan(ECOM)
E-mail:y-saito@ecom.or.jp
TEL:+81-3-5500-3642   FAX:+81-3-5500-3660