Subject: RE: initial draft of CPP-CPA Specification

» -----Original Message-----
» From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
» Sent: 20 January 2001 00:37
» To: Stefano POGLIANI
» Cc: ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org; ebxml-ta-security@lists.ebxml.org
»
» Stefano,
»
» I mostly agree with everything in this email.  I have embedded a couple of
» comments below.

	Marty,
		I am including in this reply ONLY the relevant parts for further
discussion.
	Best regards and have a nice week.

	/Stefano

»
» Line 334:
»      are you meaning that, in your wording, "business application
functions" is the
»      merge of the ebXML-middleware (which is aware of the collaboration)
and of
»      the actual back-end systems (the legacy applications currently used
by the
»      customer) ?
»      If this is true, I have the following comments:
»           "The Collaboration-Protocol layer is the interface between the
»           CPA-defined business transactions and the business-application
functions
»           that actually perform the business transactions"
»      The "business transactions" are actually performed by the legacy
applications,
»      aren't they?
»
» MWS:  True.  However there will be new applications defined by the BP
model and those
» won't need any bridge between the collaboration function and the higher
level application
» function.

	Do you mean new applications that will be developed as already "ebXML
compliant" ?
	I do not understand how new applications will be "defined by the BP model",
though...

»
» 	The "CPA-defined business transactions" are the choreography
» 	of the actual business transactions that are executed by the legacy,
» 	am I wrong?
»
» MWS:  This is what the Specification Schema will provide, so I agree.
»
»      So, I interpreted the "Collaboration-Protocol layer" as the layer
which is in
»      charge of "instructing" the legacy about which business transaction
should
»      be executed. In my interpretation, this layer is dinstinct from the
legacy.
»
» MWS:  I agree for legacy applications.  The bridge to the legacy is where
the
» choreography will be executed.
»
»
	Marty,
		sorry but at this point I do not understand which is the final answer
	to the original question which was :

		I would change "...and the business-application functions..." into
		"...and the back-end functions..."

» Regards,
» Marty
»
» ******************************************************************
» *******************
»
» Martin W. Sachs
» IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
» P. O. B. 704
» Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
» 914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
» Notes address:  Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM
» Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
»