Subject: Re: [PartyId "type" negotiation]

There is no need for either party to use the same type of addressing as
the other.

I might have both a DUNS and an NMFTA SCAC (being a motor carrier) and
identify myself in the CPP with two <PartyId> alternates.  Either is
acceptable for addressing me.   My trading partner may be a retail
chain, with a DUNS and a UCC/EAN GLN, again each being acceptable IDs to
him. I may address the retail chain by his DUNS, and he may choose to
address me by my SCAC. Yet another third party, a bank, might choose to
address us each by our respective DUNS, and we might address the bank by
its ABA Routing Code.

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.